Notre-Dame de Calais
The woodwork and sculptures of the organ case
were made from 1729 to 1733 by craftsmen from
Saint Omer : Jean-Henri Piette and Joseph Baligant.
And Jean Jacques (followed by Cornil Cacheux after
Jacquess death) and Robert Alavoine made the pipe
It obtained Historical Monument qualification in 1971.
During WWII, the front parts and the loft were taken
down after the organ had been stripped of its tin
pipes that were cast by the Germans.
Among the remaining parts the balustrade, the upper
parts of the turrets, and several monumental
sculptures such as St Cecile with her portable organ,
King David with his harp, Infant Jesus and 2 angels
blowing trumpets can be seen.